Discover the 2 Day Inca Trail Trek
Walk through history on a section of this iconic trail, traversing sub-tropical forests and high mountain passes. You’ll discover several ruins along the way, only accessible along the Inca Trail, including the mysterious and beautiful Wiñay Wayna archaeological site.
Of course, you’ll end in Machu Picchu, through the iconic Inti Puku (sun gate), where you’ll enjoy a guided tour of the iconic ruins. Enjoy the stunning journey of history, geography, flora, and fauna.
Contact us and book your 2 Day Inca Trail trek today!
- Meals during the trek
- English speaking tour guides
- Transfers and entrance fees
- International airfare
- Domestic airfare
- Lunches and dinners (unless specified otherwise)
Itinerary In Brief
- Day 1: Cusco – Machu Picchu. Transfer by road and train to the trailhead at KM 104. Hike upwards to the ruins of Wiñay Wayna. Continue hiking to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) and into the Machu Picchu complex. Take the bus to Aguas Calientes. Overnight in Aguas Calientes hotel.
- Day 2: Machu Picchu – Cusco. Take the bus back to Machu Picchu for a full guided tour of the impressive archaeological site. Enjoy lunch, before transferring back to Cusco.
Itinerary In Detail
Day 1: Cusco – Machu Picchu
Transfer by road from Cusco to the Sacred Valley, where you’ll catch a train and disembark at Kilometer 104 to begin your trek. After registering with the authorities, begin trekking upwards, passing through beautiful scenery and following the original stone Inca Trail. Visit the beautiful Inca ruins of Wiñay Wayna and enjoy a packed lunch along the way. Continue the trek to Inti Punku, the sun gate where you’ll get your first glimpse of Machu Picchu. Walk down into the citadel, before taking the bus down to Aguas Calientes, where you’ll spend the night.
Max altitude: 8,964ft / 2,732m above sea level
Distance covered: 6.67 miles / 10.79km
Approx. trekking time: 7 hrs
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Cusco
Early in the morning, return by bus to Machu Picchu for a full guided tour. Named as one of the seven new wonders of the world, and a UNESCO Heritage site, there’s much to explore. Take in all the highlights – including the terraces, temples, burial sites and other sacred places. Your guide will show you the best spots for those classic Machu Picchu photos. At the end of the tour, enjoy lunch before returning to Cusco by bus and train.
Max altitude: 7,873ft / 2,400m above sea level
Distance covered: 0.93 miles / 11.5km
Approx. trekking time: 3 hrs